Touch7s @ Wakehurst Rugby Club
Fun Fast & Social
We are excited to announce that we are running the Rugby Touch 7s on Friday nights again this year at Wakehurst Rugby Park, Belrose.
You can register a team, join an existing team, or register as a single person and we will assign you to the most suitable team.
From last year we have kept some things the same
- 7 players on the field with as many subs as you like we suggest 1-2 players
- 7 touches to score a try, then the ball is handed over
- NO CONTACT EXCEPT TOUCH which means NO TACKLES / BUMPS / SHOVES etc
- Each of the players get a free American Hotdog
- Full Canteen and Bar
- Pumping sounds across the grounds
- Lots of Fun and Games
- Lots of social chat and laughter
- on the day MIX and MATCH games – Kids, Parents and Friends can make up a team on the day and play another game.
Some changes from last years format.
- We have made the games longer 2 x 10 Min Halves
- Each team will have the option to play a 2nd game each week
- We have created combined age groups that will be based on U7 / U9 / U11 / U13 / U15 & Opens
- The U6/7s will have 2 dedicated Minis Fields
- U9 upwards will play on 1/3 pitches 25m x 60m
Our Moto again this year is ..
Get the kids off the Screen and onto the Green
- Backed & Insured by Australian Rugby Union
- All games have qualified Touch 7s referees
- Tournament is run under Rugby Australia Risk assessment guidelines
- Qualified First Aid officer on duty for the entire event
Friday 11th October
Friday 11th October
Registering a team – each player in the team will need to be registered individually, this way they are covered under Rugby Australia insurance. We have created a Registration Guide to help people register players
“Individuals to be allocated to a team” For players who register as individual’s we will work with existing team managers to let know about the spare players looking for a team. We will also have some “spare managers” who will help create these new teams, last year we have over 10 “made” up team and its a great way to meet new friends, families and have some fun.
Team managers you need to let us know about their team, so we would ask the team manager to complete the Touch7s enquiry form “click” the link below this way we can capture
- The team name
- Age Group
- Team Type
- Managers contact details.
- Players Names
- Filling in players names will help the Touch 7s Admin team match players to teams and DOES NOT register your players, they have to register individual through rugby Explorer.
Over the next few weeks and as we get more players registered we will be running a daily report that will show new registrations, the team managers will then be able to check the list of new registrations and gather your team together, this will allocate a team name to each player.