Wakehurst Rugby Juniors (U10 – Opens)
In 2018 the Wakehurst Junior Rugby teams are broken down into the following age groups:
- Under 10s – Born in 2008
- Under 11s – Born in 2007
- Under 12s – Born in 2006
- Under 13s – Born in 2005
- Under 14s – Born in 2004
- Under 15s – Born in 2003
- Under 16s – Born in 2002
- Opens – Born in either 2001 or 2000
*Note: Dispensation can be requested to play in a younger age group, mainly dependant on weight and height.
The Juniors teams compete in the Sydney Juniors Rugby Union Competition. Teams, as a whole, are graded on their capabilities and prior year’s results. Games are typically played on Sunday mornings but can also be held on Friday nights.
All our Junior teams use the TeamStuff app/website for all communications as well as maintaining up-to-date details for each game and training session.
Competition Details (2018)
A draft version of the Competition details for 2018 has been published by Sydney Juniors. At a high level the dates are as follows:
- Sunday 8th April – Season Commences with Round 1
- Sunday 15th April – Round 2
- Sunday 6th May – Round 3
- Sunday 13th May – Round 4
- Sunday 20th May – Round 5
- Sunday 27th May – Round 6
- Sunday 3rd June – Round 7
- Sat. 9th and Sun. 10th June – NSWJRU State Championships
- Sunday 17th June – Round 8
- Sunday 24th June – Round 9
- Sunday 1st July – Round 10
- Sat. 21st and Sun. 22nd – NSWJRU Regionals
- Sunday 29th July – Round 11
- Sunday 5th August – Round 12
- Sunday 12th August – Round 13
- Sunday 19th August – Round 14
- Sunday 26 August – Finals
- Sunday 2nd September – Grand Final
Trail Games (2018)
There are typically trial games planned for the Junior Teams on the two Sundays prior to Round 1. Schedules for each age group are still to be finalised.
Details of these trial games will be provided by each Team Manager via the TeamStuff app/website.
Training for all Wakehurst Juniors teams is usually held every Wednesday evening from 6pm onwards (age group dependant) at the Wakehurst Rugby Park. Training typically commences on Wednesdays in mid-February.
Parents are able to either enjoy a refreshment in the clubhouse while the kids train.
Exact training details will be provided by each Team Manager via the TeamStuff app/website.
The Sydney Juniors Rugby Union plays under the ARU’s Kids Pathway Laws which have been developed with a focus on safety and increased activity levels for maximum participation and enjoyment.
The Pathway provides an integrated and consistent approach to the development of U6 to U12 players, coaches and referees nationally.
The following table is a summary of the age specific rule variations up to U12s: